Last week I got embarrassed.
A couple minutes from my house there is a drive-through convenience store. That’s right. I don’t even have to get out of the car to get a soda. And they carry caffeine free Coke. I actually don’t drink a lot of soda, but every so often I think it’s a fun treat for me and my kids. Just for the record the caffeine free is for the kiddos – I’m obsessed with Dr. Pepper. Who doesn’t like a little bubbly sugar, right? 
Well, last week I was in the mood for a DP and Ezra had been such a good boy all week, so I swung by the drive through on the way home from preschool. I pulled up and rolled down my window. The gas station clerk opened her very large window. I ordered and she turned around to go get my order. It was at that moment when things unraveled.
Ezra, in a very loud, very clear voice says, “Mommy, look! That woman has a BIG, FAT BUTT!”
Then, if that weren’t bad enough, Henry chimes in, just as loud, just as clear, “It’s a Big Back Porch!”
Yeah.
I hoped she hadn’t heard. Let’s just say, she never returned. Another woman returned with our sodas and took our money. Who wants to bet the first woman could have been found crying in the bathroom?
Ezra and I had a great discussion about NOT commenting on another person’s size.
Henry will NOT be watching a certain Disney movie that contains the “Big Back Porch” quote anytime soon.
9 comments:
HA HA HA...that is hilarious...but only because it wasn't me! We need to get together soon!
Such adorable little boys...haha!!! and I miss Crest so so so much...because I need all the caffiene I can get! :)
That is awesome! Taking after their daddy at saying the wrong things at the wrong time :) "Do you smell bacon?" hahaha...good times.
That is hilarious Cami! I would have died if my kids said that! But she should get that kids don't really filter anything that comes out of their cute little curious mouths!
hahaha!! that is awesome!! My oldest does that to me all the time - she has a knack for pointing out immodesty, ethnicities, and overweight people at the top of her lungs. love this post!! :)
he he i love it. i miss you girlie. call me soon. we are in provo quite frequently
I will be in Provo The last week of July. Would love to see you if you're there.
TOOOO FUNNY!
so funny!!
Post a Comment