This weekend we went to Nauvoo. The temple was gorgeous, the town just liked I remembered it and we had a really great time. It was especially fun to spend time with Jesse's mom and dad. For some reason I have no picture of the kids with them, so I will have to remedy that when they get to our house.
Jesse and I were both teenagers the last time either of us had been to Nauvoo, and the temple had not been rebuilt back then. We were especially excited to see it in person.
The boys enjoyed it, too. Henry just liked running around and looking at the flowers, but Ezra told me, "It is very too beautiful. I will go inside when I'm a man."
The boys could spend forever looking at flowers. This is at the visitor's center. I, unfortunately, thought it would be a good idea to walk from the visitor's center to the rest of the Nauvoo sites. It was in the high 90's with like 40 percent humidity. Let's just say that we didn't walk back to the visitor's center.
Henry didn't know if he would survive the walk :)
This is outside the blacksmith's shop. Ezra is still wearing his Prairie Diamond.
It wouldn't be a vacation for Jesse unless we took a silly picture.
This is just the best picture ever. Ezra was really interested in Joseph Smith's history and asked tons of questions. We had some awesome teaching moments talking about the sacrifices that Joseph Smith made so that the gospel of Jesus Christ could be restored.
1 comment:
such an awkward picture of you and jesse...just kidding. looks like you had fun in nauvoo! that is so cool you can visit the church sites! miss you guys!
Post a Comment