



This week Ezra had some exceptionally unpleasant tumbles. Actually, both major ones occurred on the same day. The first one happened while Ezra was trying to pull himself up to standing position. Unfortunately, he only made it to the kneeling position before he fell forward and crashed his lip on the wall. This would be painful for anyone, but he took the full blow with the side of his lip that had most recently been operated on. Needless to say, Ezra was not very happy about the situation, although he did find the baggie of frozen peas that I pressed to his lip amusing. Then, just hours later, Ezra fell off of our rug (you’d have to see it to believe it) and tried to use his forehead to break the tile. The tile won. I couldn’t believe the size of the goose egg that immediately appeared. This time, Ezra didn’t find the frozen peas amusing. Luckily, he is a tough kid and didn’t stay upset for long.
On another note, I finally bit the bullet and bought more nipples for Ezra’s bottles. I paid $75.00 dollars to have four nipples shipped to our door. That’s right - $75.00 just for the nipples. No bottles, no valves, no discs. Just nipples. It was all worth it when I saw how much he enjoyed drinking from a new, Medela special needs nipple rather than from the cheap cleft palate nipples or a used, stretched out Medela special needs nipple. I actually felt a little bad for waiting this long to buy new ones.
We also tried to take Ezra swimming for the first time this week. Although the water was still a little cold, Jesse tried to make Ezra have a good time. At the very least, we got a few cute pictures.
Jesse is on a business trip in Georgia for the next few days. He went to church there today, and was proud to report that The Church is still true in Georgia. We’ll see if he graces the IT conference with his mad karaoke skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment