Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"Too smart to sleep" and some cute pictures

So, last night Ezra decided it was time to eat/play at 2:00 in the morning. Out of desperation I decided to put him in bed with us. Normally he won't fall asleep in our bed, but in my groggy condition I thought it was worth a try. After a few minutes of trying to get him to relax, I just gave up. Pretty soon I felt him pick my hand up, position it so that two of my fingers were in the air and then he said, "Two!" Then he put up another one of my fingers and said, "Three!" Soon he was counting to five and back down again, all the while positioning my hand so that the correct amount of fingers were in the air! Jesse and I couldn't beleive it. Jesse started asking him how many fingers he was holding up, and Ezra kept getting it right. Then we put him back in his bed and he went right to sleep. It was like he couldnt wait until the morning to show us his new trick!

Ezra's first finger painting experience


In the above picutre Ezra put his toys on his rug, rolled them up and then walked on them - who knows the thought process of a 20 month old!?!




5 comments:

Melissa Brown said...

what a smart kid! love the finger painting pictures... too much fun :)

Sarah Goodsell said...

He's so smart Jaxson still isn't talking and it drives me crazy way to go Ezra!

McGiven Family.... said...

Wow, what a smart kid! I am so happy that you are done with surgeries for so long. What a relief I am sure. I hope everything is going good for you guys, I feel like I haven't seen you forever.

YeatesFam said...

What a sweetheart! Doesn't it just make you smile!?!! Love that kid!

The Cecil's said...

Genius! I wish I could get Ike to even say real words let alone count! Who knows maybe he's way smart too and he's already written his own language? Yeah right!
Ezra is so crazy! Love him!