Say Hello to the Newest Member of our Family:
Ottobahn "Otto" Plumb

I personally think Cami lost her mind on Saturday, but we have been visiting the pet store pretty regularly (my usual tactic of repetitive temptation is highly effective). This time we started off playing with some rather nippy but irresistably cute (and stupid) English bulldogs. At $4000 a pop, that's about $8000 an IQ point. After one of the puppies made Ezra bleed his own blood, Ezra was quite finished being excited about dogs. And then Cami decided we should look at the rat terrier (which happened to be the only dog in the store we could afford) and SHE fell in love with him. Hard not too- look at those big brown eyes! He's just a little guy!

So we put our money down and went the 100 yards over to Walmart (don't worry Spence, we had our nice clothes on) to buy all our doggie stuff. I'm not sure what Petland was thinking, setting up shop right next to a store that sells everything they do at half the price. Seems like poor planning to me. They actually tried to sell me a kit that included a spray to help me crate train the pup. You see, you can spray this chemical in your yard where you want the dog to go to the bathroom, and the chemical mimicks the smell of urine, so when the dog sniffs it, he wants to go pee in that spot too. I mean what a great idea! I can't think of anything else that smells like pee and is available for less than $10 a bottle. Hold on (potty break). Okay I'm back. Man, those guys are geniuses!

So now Otto is OUR rat terrier (Rat Terrier means that he's bred to catch vermin, not that he Looks like a rat... 'cause he doesn't), and he's a perfect fit for our family, right down to the fact that he loves our leather couch more than his doggie bed (which he wet the first night we had him). Ezra actually likes Otto's doggie bed more than he does.

Ezra also likes Otto's cage, which puzzles Otto greatly. Otto keeps Ezra occupied (meaning, out of self-inflicted danger) for hours, which pays for itself in spades.

Ezra is still our favorite (even though Otto can play fetch and he either can't or won't), which is why he gets cookies and Otto doesn't.
11 comments:
Okay when I read the name of your post I thought you had had your baby and I didn't know. Then I scrolled down and realized you got a dog! I haven't seen or heard it out in the yard. I will have to hold Brady and Easton up and let them see...they are so scared of them! Anyway I feel like I haven't seen you forever. I hope everything is going good!
Wow you're brave. A puppy and a baby at the same time. My kids keep asking for one, but it's never going to happen. He is pretty cute though. He looks a lot like Oreo.
I can't believe you got a dog!!! I'm still holding strong! Although I guess I'll finally give in someday, when we have a yard.
I can't believe you got a dog!!! I'm still holding strong. Although I think Justin and Josh will win eventually... when we have a yard.
How fun!! I can't convince Andrew to let me get a dog yet. Or he can't convince me...I'm not sure which. We miss you guys like crazy!
This was the last thingk I was expecting to see on your blog! Wow, you are brave to get a dog a month before you have a baby!!! He is super cute. Ezra is so halarious. I would love to have a dog again someday, but probably not until Carter is at least 5 and he can help pick up poop!
Congrats on the dog...you are brave!!! Good luck with the training and everything....And glad to hear that Ezra is still your favorite :) ha...hope you are feeling great!!! Excited for the new baby post!!!
Another darling addition to your family. Otto is very cute, but Ezra is darling. Dogs are good for boys... Just keep reminding yourself this when they are a few years older.
Love ya -
Amy
PS Love his name...
Your amazing I don't think I could do a dog before I had a baby but Ezra looks thrilled!
Instead of a dog (which I am allergic to) my entertainment of choice for my girls is Sponge Bob. He to will fetch things keep my girls occupied for hours. Hope all goes well for you this week -- good luck with baby #2.
Hi-I just found your blog on another one I follow and had to leave a comment...The pic of your little boy in the doggie bed -- TOO CUTE!! It made me smile big smiles :)
Post a Comment