Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ezra's First Motorcycle Accident

You can now call the little guy "Ezra Knievel." Last night, he tried to climb on top of Jesse's motorcycle (that was chillin' in the garage) and ended up buried beneath it. After a rough night, we went to the ER early this morning. Both his right Tibia and Fibula are broken right above the ankle. Ezra is now sporting a full leg splint and and will soon be sporting a fancy cast. Just in time for swimming season. Nice. We go to the Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon on Thursday, so we'll know more about what's in store for us later in the week. As always, Henry was awesome and enjoyed the whole ER experience.

9 comments:

Melissa Brown said...

Oh my gosh Cami! Poor guy :( What fun to deal with. Call me soon! I am happy so see some pics, sad though that Ezra will be needing a cast. He seems pretty happy in the pics though.

Katherine said...

I'm so sorry Cami! Poor little guy! I was reading the other day that some places give you the option of a water proof cast, they have to be replaced over time but it might be worth looking into. Let me know if there's anything we can do for you!

hwscutie said...

Oh that's so sad. Which surgeon are you going to? My little boy goes to Dr Camp, him and his partner are cool.

Uffens Family said...

That is SO SO sad!! Poor Ezra!!!I am back in Vegas- Let me know if I can do anything??

The Cecil's said...

Oh Ezra Ezra Ezra.... Poor guy. Poor Cami. I can't believe he's smiling like it's nothing... I love that kid! Hope you guys are doing better. If I can do anything for you please let me know!

Kimberly said...

Poor Ezra--more like poor Mommy!
I love the first picture with Jesse's pout and Ezra's grin. Awesome :) Here's hoping these four weeks FLY by!

Riva said...

now when you told you guys would start posting again, I didn't think it would be at the cost of Ezra's safety!!! LOL Your boys are so sweet and handsome!!!! Poor Ezra though, that will definitely make an interesting summer for you all!!! :(

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

oh hun! How awful to have a toddler in a leg cast!!

henry is darling! I want to meet him!

Carey Rogers said...

Oh my goodness, so sorry to hear about Ezra's broken leg! You guys better watch out... he is still just a little guy what's going to happen when he's 10????
Take care,
Carey