On Wednesday I got a call from our plastic surgeon's office asking us if we could change Ezra's surgery date from September 20th to September 18th. So, we are heading up to Utah on Monday and having surgery this Tuesday!
On a ridiculous note . . . Last Friday I got a call informing me that our insurance needed to see pictures of Ezra before they could pre-authorize his upcoming surgery! As if we were going in for elective surgery! I sent the pictures right away and all of the medical/insurance people I talked to were really nice and helpful and slightly embarressed about the situation. When I called back this week to make sure that everything was in order, the insurance representive acted like I was crazy when I told her that I wanted to make sure that the appropriate person had the picutres. She seemed to think it was preposturous that anyone would request pictures for cleft lip surgery. It wasn't until she pulled up our info on the computer that she even believed I had called the right insurance company. Luckily, everything has been approved and we are good to go.
On a positive note . . . On Thursday I got a call from the hospital telling us that we would reach our out-of-pocket yearly maximum with this upcoming surgery! Although that sounds like bad news, it's acutally great news, because the rest of Ezra's surgeries this year will be super cheap!
Here's Ezra a year ago. How cute is he?!? This is about a month and a half before he had his first lip repair. I guess Fall is the time for this boy to have medical work done. This is one of my favorite pictures of him. I've been tossing around the idea of making a blog that chronicles mine and Ezra's journey through the wide world of Cleft Lips and Palates. We'll see if I ever get around to it.
2 comments:
He is so cute! I am so excited for you guys. Sad though that I just got home today and now you are going to Utah. Good luck! I hope everything goes well!
Cami...that is great news that it got bumped up! Sad for our dessert night, but I was going to postpone anyway as Annie is running a fever :( Have a safe trip and we will be excited to see you and Ezra when you get back!!! Let us know if we can do anything.
Post a Comment