Friday, October 24, 2008

Crazy Coupon Savings

A couple of weeks ago I attended a class on how to use coupons. I decided to give it a try. This week I ventured out on two shopping trips.

1. Kmart I bought two Max Factor Lip products and two Max Factor face products. Each item was orginally $8.99. I paid $0.00 for the four items. That's right - $0.00. "How?" you might ask. Kmart had a special on Max Factor makeup: buy one get one free. I had two buy one get one free coupons for Max Factor makeup. Somehow a BOGO free store special combined with a BOGO free coupon equals free!

2. Albertsons After careful planning using the knowledge and tools obtained in the coupon class I attended, I got this at Albertsons tonight:

I paid $44.69 and saved $114.81!!! That averages out to spending $0.86 an item!

If any one is interested in learning more, I am having a class this Monday at my house at 10:00am. I was totally skeptical after I went to the class, but the whole coupon thing totally works!

Here's the link to the blog of the instuctor:

http://shopsmartinvegas.blogspot.com/

Happy Shopping!

6 comments:

Riva said...

Oh if I could only take advantage of this in Utah!! VERY COOL>

Heather said...

That is AWESOME!! Can I come?!

Uffens Family said...

I am so impressed cami! Looks overwhelming to me! :) But what great deals!

Eliz said...

Sweet -- I love this coupon stuff -- I have no idea about the make-up let me know when that happens again and I will go make-up shopping with you

Kimberly said...

Very impressive!
It feels so good to get a great deal! You'll have to teach me at Thanksgiving. :)

Amanda said...

Hey Cami-

Glad you are getting into the coupon thing. I love it!! It's so much fun. When you get the grocery stores down you'll have to try Walgreens & CVS, it's amazing the things you can get for free :)