I relented and put him in the Ninja costume that matched Henry's. Then we loaded the kids up in the car and met my family at Lucilles for a yummy holiday dinner. On the way there Ezra and Henry fell asleep. Since I had anticipated this, and a forthcoming change of heart from a well rested two year old, I had brought the Buzz costume with us. After dinner Ezra was super excited to "be Buzz" and happily donned the costume. Then he wore it while we went trick or treating at my grandparent's houses and the Evan's.
I would like to say that I was met with better cooperation from my two month old, but no such luck. Henry screamed bloody murder when I put his ninja cap on. Being the cruel mother I am, Henry did not get out of wearing the cap during the trick or treating part of the evening and eventually learned to endure the cap.
Both boys seemed to enjoy the evening and I know that Ezra certainly ejoyed the time leading up to Halloween. Everytime Ezra put on Buzz wings, he would fly around. Many times while in costume, he would stop responding to "Ezra" and would only respond to "Buzz." I must say that I had a great time calling out "To Infinity and Beyond" and watching him fly around. Truthfully, it never got old.
I also had a fun time scoring some cheap, festive articles of clothing at Old Navy the weekend before Halloween. I actually bought a Halloween shirt (for $1) and got Henry and Ezra outfits to wear during the day (for $1 each). A good deal always sweetens my day. Unfortuately, we didn't hand out any candy, so the stash I bought to distribute has been sweetening my day a little too often the past couple of weeks. Luckily the candy bars I really like are now gone, so hopefully I can resume some sort of healthy diet. But who am I kidding? What kind of candy bars don't I really like?
I hope everyone else had an excellent Halloween and many happy candy days since!
9 comments:
What an awesome post! Your writing is so fun to read, really capturing what it is like to be the Mom and the pictures are GREAT! The boys are so cute. That first picture of Ezra is incredible--what an awesome costume! Glad he has gotten some good use from it. And I am so with you on the candy. I like it all, and even if I don't really--hey, it's a sweet pick me up, right?
Time for me to get on the good-eating bandwagon again. Love you guys. See you soon for Thanksgiving!
Your boys are so cute! Josh and Ezra need to visit. Josh doesn't have a Buzz costume, but does yell, "To Infinity and Beyond" about 20 times a day and jumps off the couch:)
Halloween is so much more fun with kiddos! Sounds like you had fun and we still have candy left over! I swear it will never go away!
Love the costumes and the pumpkins! Aren't 2 year-olds crazy sometimes. They change their minds so much. Henry is so adorable!
you are so smart -- it takes a patient mom to know that at some later part of the evening your child will want to put on the "horrible" costume -- kudos to you!!
I have to agree, that was an awesome post! Your boys are so cute in their costumes!! I love and enjoy the times/memories a toddler creates! :)
Oh my gosh! They are the cutest pictures! But then again it takes cute kids for cute pictures and you have that covered!
That is one cute, fat little baby. I love it!
Hi Cami~ love the pictures of the boys. I would love to add you to my blog but don't have your email address. I only do invited readers. It's too bad that are families haven't gotten together in awhile. Henry looks so adorable in the pictures! Love the chubby! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
Your cuz,
Carey
Post a Comment