Saturday, October 20, 2007

Our wonderful 8 days in Southern California!

DISCLAIMER: This post is very long and filled with lots of pictures. I'm trying to decide if I like to use slides or not, so this is my attempt at a lot of pictures without a slide.


Since Jesse had a work conference in Costa Mesa last Sunday-Thursday, we decided to make a vacation out of it. We spent last weekend in San Diego with my Spencer and Kim, my wonderful brother-in-law and sister-in-law. Then we spent Sunday-Thursday in Costa Mesa. We drove back to Sand Diego and spent one more night in there before coming home on Friday. It was so much fun! Preparing for the trip was the only tricky part. I had a rough time trying to pack for such a long vacation. Luckily I had Ezra to help me!


Having fun with the Fam in San Diego:


On Friday we all went to luch at Soup Plantation. Ezra was partial to the black olives and the muffins. He had so much fun spending time with his cousins.
We had such a wonderful time in San Diego. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful brother-in-laws, sister-in-laws and neices and nephews!

On Sunday we had a big family dinner with all of Jesse's immidiate family that live in the vicinity, including Jesse's amazing, beautiful and loving Grandmother. After a delicious dinner, we had a good time talking while the kids played. I thought this picture of my was too cute! My niece claire, fell asleep in that funny position and stayed there for the longest time.


Here are four of my super cute neices and nephews. From the top: Daniel, Sarah, Rachel and Eric. Since blinking was the topic of conversation, here are the three oldest kids best blinks. How fun are they?!?
Driving to Costa Mesa:

Ezra was such a tropper in the car. Although we spent so much time driving, he was always trying to have a good time. Periodically, he would start up a game of peek-a-boo or pat-a-cake. Smetimes he would catch my eye in the rear-view mirror and blow me a kiss (my heart melted everytime). On the 90 minute drive between San Diego and Costa Mesa, he found something new to occupy his time: The Bottle Sterilizer. Between the sterilizer and the bottles inside, he was content the majority of the way to the hotel.


DISNEYLAND:
Since Jesse had classes he had to attend during the day, I decided to have a real vacation while we were in California. On Monday, Ezra and I went to one of my favorite places in the whole entire world: Disneyland. For years and years my family would go there over Halloween/Nevada Day. It's only been since we've gotten older and married that we haven't been able to make it every year. Anyways, I had the hotel print out a map and I successfully navigated three freeways, found Disneyland, parked, and made it into the park. I would me really impressed with myself (I have a horrible sense of direction), but I prayed really hard that I wouldn't get lost, so I know it wasn't all me.

Ezra and I had so much fun at the park. Although it seemed like there were a lot a people walking aroung Disneyland, we practically kept walking onto ride after ride. Ezra soon caught on that whenever he saw a boat/car/train upclose, we would be going on a ride. Everytime he realized we would be going on a ride, he started kissing and hugging me. It was so cute. A few times he made such a show about that people in line would start laughing.

Unfortunately, Ezra didn't want to take a nap. He had a minor meltdown in Toon Town, but after some food, a diaper change, and being able to walk around and play, he got a second wind that carried us through the rest of the day. Since Ezra loves stuffed animals, I let him pick one out. I was prepared to buy him a really soft and fluffy one, but he loved this "Baby Pooh." I think it had to due with the fact that we rode the Pooh Bear ride a few times.

Catching Up:

On Wednesday, I drove to LA and spent the day with Nicole Taylor, my roommate from college who is one of my favorite people in the whole world! Although we still talk on the phone periodically, we don't get to see each other very often. It was so much fun to see her cute baby, Josh, and spend some time with her.


San Diego Zoo:

On Thursday, Jesse, Ezra and I went to the zoo with another one of my wonderful sister-in-laws, Emily, and her two little girls, Ashlyn and Claire. Ezra was so cute - he growled at every animal he saw.

Here is Ezra and Ashlyn petting a goat. How gross is that? I'm not really a fan of petting zoos (understatement), but kids love them and so Jesse wanted to take Ezra. Ezra has no qualms about animals. He thought the goats were great. At one point he almost walked under a pooping goat. I had to save him from the fall out - I'm still not convinced that petting zoos are fun. Jesse made fun of me for washing my hands afterwards even though I didn't touch anything.

What strong men I have - they "tackled" the gorilla.



Here is Claire at the Zoo. Isn't she beautiful?

The Drive Home:

Luckily our drive home was uneventful. Ezra really enjoyed eating in the car. It's funny how once you're a mom you do things that you never thought you would; I let Ezra eat his "leftover" lunch off of his carseat for about an hour. It definately kept him happy while we drove. I soon saw him stuffing the food in the crevices in his carseat. Soon he unearthed an old grahm cracker and started eating it for dessert. How gross is that?!?

Picture-less Highlights:

1. We got $35.00 a day to spend on food at the hotel. They had a really good and sorta expesive restaurant there (that was basically the only place to spend the money), so we got some really fun meals.

2. One night, Jesse and I went to the hot tub. We put our sleeping baby into his stroller, covered him up, walked down to the hot tub and got in. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that it closed at ten. No joke, about 1 minute after we got in the hot tub, the security guard came over and said he was closing up for the night.

3. We got to spend time playing games with the family. I love to play board games, and no one plays board games like the Plumbs.

4. Since I forgot a dress for Church, I went out and bought a new one.

Conclusion and What's to Come . . .

Overall, it was awesome to get away and have a real vacation. I have the best husband, the best son, and the best in-laws.

Although I have been gone for awhile, I have to be gone some more. On Tuesday, Ezra, my Mom, and I are driving to Salt Lake for a few medical appointments. We should be back either Saturday or Sunday.

5 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Cami-Welcome back! Mike and I are taking a trip to Southern Cal around Christmas so all your pics just made me SO excited!!
Glad you had a good time!!Impressed with your navigational skills..one of my best friends keeps wanting to me to bring Annie down...I am scared of their freeways :)

Matilda said...

I LOVED the pictures!! He is such a cutie pie!!

I'm jealous of all your fun!!!

We'd LOVE to see you while your here, if you get a chance! I'll email you my number!!

:)

McGiven Family.... said...

I love all of the pictures and the story. It looks like you had so much fun and had great weather. I am still jealous that you went to Disneyland. I am glad Ezra loved it so you can go again! We are in Utah right now too, we decided last minute to come during Ryan's break. If you need somewhere to stop or want to stop by call me! Hope everything goes well with the Ezra's appointments.

YeatesFam said...

Ok...I'm jealous! I love that place! I keep trying to convince Mike that it's not TOO far out of the way to stop at Disneyland on the way to Utah...hmmm!..??? Good luck with the medical appointments and all. You're lucky you have such a sweet mom too!

Melissa Brown said...

That trip looked like so much fun. I'm so glad you were able to do that before everything these next few weeks. What a sweet little boy Ezra is to be giving you kisses and hugs all the time. I'm lucky to get one kiss a day from mine. He is so non-cuddly. Update me after his appointments ok!