
Let me precede this video clip with a little explanation about Elmo’s influence in our lives. It all began about four months ago . . .
While shopping for Christmas presents last November, I came across a sale, more like a deal, really. Those who know me well know that I cannot pass up a good deal, and this was a good deal: Spend $50.00 and get a ridiculously large, stuffed animal Elmo for only $5.99. Did it matter that my son didn’t know who Elmo was? No. Did it matter that my son didn’t need anymore stuffed animals? No. Obviously, I left ToysRus with a large, red furry friend that we didn’t need.
Later that week, Ezra found the stash of Christmas presents. Ironically, the only toy he wanted to play with from the multiple bags of toys was Elmo. From that day on, Elmo became one of Ezra’s best friends.
Elmo had been sharing in Ezra’s adventures for months, when I finally decided it was time to introduce Sesame Street into our home. As soon as Ezra saw his beloved friend on TV, he burst out laughing. Three weeks ago, on our drive to Utah, Ezra watched an Elmo’s World DVD in the car. Once it ended, he hugged his own precious stuffed animal and said, “I love Melmo.” Oh, how Elmo has infiltrated our home! Who is the first person Ezra says he loves? - Not Mama, not Dada or Nana or Papa, but ELMO!
Last Friday, we took a family trip to the Bookstore. Fortuitously, I came across an Elmo puppet book. Ezra’s reaction was priceless! Make sure to turn the sound up before watching the video. (Keep in mind that this was the third or fourth time we read through the book – his laughing was actually slowing down!) I guess Elmo will be a fixture in our lives for some time, yet.
While shopping for Christmas presents last November, I came across a sale, more like a deal, really. Those who know me well know that I cannot pass up a good deal, and this was a good deal: Spend $50.00 and get a ridiculously large, stuffed animal Elmo for only $5.99. Did it matter that my son didn’t know who Elmo was? No. Did it matter that my son didn’t need anymore stuffed animals? No. Obviously, I left ToysRus with a large, red furry friend that we didn’t need.
Later that week, Ezra found the stash of Christmas presents. Ironically, the only toy he wanted to play with from the multiple bags of toys was Elmo. From that day on, Elmo became one of Ezra’s best friends.
Elmo had been sharing in Ezra’s adventures for months, when I finally decided it was time to introduce Sesame Street into our home. As soon as Ezra saw his beloved friend on TV, he burst out laughing. Three weeks ago, on our drive to Utah, Ezra watched an Elmo’s World DVD in the car. Once it ended, he hugged his own precious stuffed animal and said, “I love Melmo.” Oh, how Elmo has infiltrated our home! Who is the first person Ezra says he loves? - Not Mama, not Dada or Nana or Papa, but ELMO!
Last Friday, we took a family trip to the Bookstore. Fortuitously, I came across an Elmo puppet book. Ezra’s reaction was priceless! Make sure to turn the sound up before watching the video. (Keep in mind that this was the third or fourth time we read through the book – his laughing was actually slowing down!) I guess Elmo will be a fixture in our lives for some time, yet.
7 comments:
what a little cutie! how funny! Carter got a tickle me Elmo for christmas from his aunt Emily and he likes it alot. He is glued to Elmo's world. I think Elmo is pretty annoying but I love seeing kids' recation to him. Well, Ezra seems to be doing well! I would love to chat. call me soon. Only a few more weeks to go on his liquid diet right!?
Cami,
That is the cutest! Little Ezra had me in stitches too! That's so cute he was still laughing so hard at the book even on the third time. What a cute book! Makes me want to go to the bookstore and find that book just to make my kids laugh like that!
Cami,
Elmo was mesmerizing to my daughter when she was younger too. What is it about that red furry face?? Thank you for the note about Holly Marie. Ezra is adorable!
Very cute!
I enjoyed looking at your site! I found you from Ian's site. We, too, have a son with a bilateral cleft lip/palate. I would love to link your site to ours, if that is ok. It's always a blessing to be able to connect with other families that are dealing with the same day to day things that we are. You have a beautiful family! Congrats on the news of the new little one, as well!
Ezra is hilarious...Have to laugh...Annie really has never watched Elmo on TV but she LOVES him...we went to Borders the other day and she ran around...saw all the Elmo books and was yelling his name with excitement!
Congrats on the news of a baby boy!!! So exciting and so fun to know what is coming!! :)
That was so cute. Catherine made me play it over and over. She was cracking up.
Post a Comment