Wednesday, March 5, 2008

We are done! We are home! We are well!

(I love this video. Even though Ezra was in pain and stuck at the hospital, he was still trying to be happy)

On Friday, Ezra had a full palate repair and also a bit a fat extracted from his hip and put into his lip. We weren't expecting any work on his lip, but when we arrived at the hospital, our plastic surgeon really wanted to do it. The divet in Ezra's lip has been driving that man crazy. It was kind of funny, because he told us he would fill in the divet after he fixed the palate, but he actually worked on the lip first. I bet he couldn't concentrate when a divet was staring back at him :)

The surgery lasted a little over four hours and we ended up staying in the hospital for two nights. It took Ezra a few days to start drinking. He's doing great now, although he is pretty annoyed that he's on a liquid diet.

On Sunday we attended the Sacrament meeting at the hospital. It was such a neat experience. I almost cried when I looked up at the front of the room and saw the picture of Jesus with little children gathered around him. It was just so appropriate for the Childrens' Hospital. I actually have the same picture framed and ready to be hung up in Ezra's room. I went out and bought it after one of our first stays at the hospital.

Unfortunately, Ezra is having a difficult time sleeping because he can't suck his thumb. Hence, all three of us are sleep deprived. Besides being tired, we are all doing well and Ezra is recovering quickly. He is such an amazing little guy!

9 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

What a special little boy he is. That video is so sweet. I am glad to hear that everything went well. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I hope things get back to normal quickly and you are all able to get your sleep back :)

A New Decade of Health said...

I've been checking your blog often waiting to here how things went. I'm glad it went well. Kids are so resilient. Hopefully you'll start getting a little more sleep and life can get back to normal. By the way, I still have your Jane Austen book :|. I just found it again and am reading it. Sorry, I'll try to get it back to ya before I forget again!

Melissa Brown said...

I am so happy things went well and your were only there two nights. What a trooper! Sorry to hear about the sleeping situation :( Does he like music. I play jesus's lullaby for Carter. I got it at Deseret Book. It calms him down. Well, we love you and have been thinking about you so much!

Kimberly said...

So glad you are home and well! You've been in our prayers! That is a precious video. Ezra is wonderful. We'll keep praying for you--especially that he'll be able to sleep, poor guys!
Love you!

Bonnie & Marc Wangsgard said...

What a cute, happy boy. I just love him. I'm so glad to hear things went well. Good luck with recovery.

Alicia said...

That is such a sweet video! I am glad that everything went well and that Ezra is so happy. You guys are such a great family!

Matilda said...

I'm so glad you didn't catch anything!! ;) Can't wait to see before and after of the divet!

Hope he keeps on the uphill...!

YeatesFam said...

Cam, you are such a brave girl. And Ezra is a sweetheart! SO glad things are going better for you!

Nicole said...

That is so sweet. I'm glad to hear he is doing better. He is such a happy little guy.